Last updated: 21 November, 2019
How We Collect Your Information
A. Information We Collect Directly from You
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you Join the Community, register for an open house, conference, webinar, purchase our products, request customer support and otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect from you include:
• Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
• Parent contact information, such as their name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
B. Information We Collect Automatically About Your Use of our Website
We automatically collect information about you when you access and use our Website, including:
• Log Information: We collect log information about your use of our Website, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, search terms entered and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
• Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Website, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers.
C. How We Use Your Information
• Maintain and customize our interactions with you (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing you with the services you request and improving your experience on our Website and in our test centers);
• Send you updates, and support and administrative messages, and respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests (the legal basis for this is our legitimate interest in maintaining the quality and security of our services and providing you with a good user experience);
• Send marketing communications about products, services, offers, and events offered by LSAG & our affiliates, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in better understanding user needs and expectations);
• Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of LSAG & our affiliates(the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in preventing fraud and securing our services); and
• Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
D. How We Share Your Information
We may share information as follows:
• With service providers, vendors, and consultants that perform services on our behalf, such as those that operate test centres and provide payment processing, customer service, and marketing support;
• If you Join the Community, we share information about you with law schools and organizations so they can send you promotional materials about their programmes, events, and other information that may be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of having your information shared in this way, by sending an email to email@example.com);
• To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend rights and property of LSAG, protect the safety of our users and/or the public, and protect against legal liability;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another entity;
• Between and among LSAG’s current and future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other entities under common control and ownership, whether in India or abroad; and
• With your consent and at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified data that does not identify you personally (such as information about the Website traffic patterns).
E. Third Party Advertising and Analytics
.F. Your Choices
Opting out of LSAG Promotional Communications
You may unsubscribe from LSAG promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. If you opt out of receiving such communications, note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as changes to our legal terms and policies).
Opting out of Promotional Communications from Law Schools
If you Join the Community, we share information about you with law schools as described in the How We Share Your Information section above. If you later want to unsubscribe from these communications, you will need to contact the law schools directly and/or follow the opt out instructions provided in those communications or the law schools’ privacy policies. To request that LSAG or any of our affiliates stop sharing your information with opt-out recipients going forward, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org , with a subject line “opt out”.
G. Data Transfers
LSAG is based in the United States and we and our vendors process and store personal data in the United States. We transfer personal data across borders when such processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations to you. You hereby grant us consent to transfer your personal data outside India for this purpose. You also have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
In case of such withdrawal of consent, however, we may be unable to provide some of the necessary activities in relation to the Services requested by you. We take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
H. Data Retention
Our retention periods for personal data are based on our business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose, in accordance with applicable law. We do not retain your information longer than is necessary for the lawful purpose for which the same was collected, unless otherwise required by law. We may also retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired. Generally, electronic data will be held for a period of 5 years from the last transaction made with LSAG.
I. Links to Other Websites
LSAG wants you to be aware that when you click on links that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to these third parties' privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, LSAG cannot be responsible for the actions of third parties.
J. Contacting LSAG
Address:1st Floor, WeWork Forum,
DLF Cyber City, Phase - III,
Sector 24,Gurugram, HR – 122002
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org