Preparation Strategy for 5 Year integrated LL.B Entrance Exam
Law is a popular profession and lawyers play an important role in safeguarding the legislature and law of the country. There are many law entrance exams which can help you secure admission in some of best law schools in India, government or private. Various exams like CLAT, SLAT for Symbiosis Law School, AILET for law schools of Delhi, Delhi University LL.B Entrance Exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), LSAT—IndiaTMfor best private law schools are some of the most sought-after exams for pursuing law courses.
Law LL.B Exams are not easy to crack and some aspirants may take many years to clear such examinations. However, with appropriate time management, planning and thorough preparations one can secure a great score. Through this article, we intend to cover important dates of some of the most important law exams conducted across the country, preparation strategies, and tips to help you prepare for LL.B examination, recommended books and a lot more.
It must be noted that candidates seeking LL.B admission in some of the top National Law Universities (NLUs) in India need to mandatorily appear for CLAT. However, apart from CLAT, candidates can also appear for some other state and university/college-level law entrance exams such as MH CET Law, TS LAWCET, AP LAWCET, BHU UET, DU LL.B Entrance Exam, and AMU Entrance Exam. LSAT—IndiaTMamong other exams to secure admission in top law schools of India.
Law entrance exams in India are generally held once a year. Here is a list of top law entrance exams for the year 2022 to be conducted by the authorities:-
|Law Entrance Exam||Last Dates of Application||Exam Dates|
|CLAT||09th May, 2022||19th June, 2022|
|LSAT—IndiaTM||08th June, 2022||22nd June, 2022|
|AILET||09th May, 2022||26th June, 2022|
|DU LL.B Entrance Exam||15th May, 2022||To be announced|
|SLAT||15th June, 2022||03rd July, 2022|
|TS LAWCET||06th June, 2022||21st July, 2022- for three years LLB course
22nd July, 2022- for five years LLB course
|TS PGLCET||06th June, 2022||22nd July, 2022|
Subjects and Exam Pattern of various LL.B exams
CLAT 2022 Exam
Subjects- English inclusive of Comprehension, Current Affairs inclusive of General Knowledge, Quantitative Techniques, Legal Reasoning and Logical Reasoning
Total Questions- 150 MCQs
Total Marks- 150
Subjects- English, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, Reasoning and Mathematics
Total Questions- 150 questions
Total Marks- 150 marks
SLAT or SET Law
Subjects- Analytical Reasoning, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension and GK
Total Questions- 60 questions
Total Marks- 60 marks
Subjects- Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning 1 & 2 and Reading Comprehension
Total Questions- 92 questions
DU LL.B Entrance Exam
Subjects- English including Comprehension, Analytical Ability, Legal Awareness and Aptitude and General Knowledge
Total Questions- 100 questions
Total Marks- 400 marks
Preparation Strategy for LLB Entrance Exam
Strong preparation is the key to scoring well in any exam. The same stands true for Law LL.B Exams. The LL.B entrance exam syllabus is vast and one needs to hone their skills in an efficient manner to score well in the exam.
Let us have a look at some tips to make a great preparation strategy for LL.B exam:-
- Focus on each subject of LL.B with precision and ensure that your concepts about all topics are clear
- Go through the syllabus in detail and accordingly make your preparation plan
- Develop short tricks to solve questions quickly
- Pay minute attention to current affairs and legal aptitude and try learning them form magazines, websites an news channels
- Practice as many previous questions as possible to be well-prepared for the exam pattern and style
- Take online mock tests and revise your syllabus regularly to improve your test-taking skills
- Work on time management to ensure that you complete all sections perfectly on time
- Work on your weak areas and spend a good amount of time to clear your doubts to get conceptual clarity on all topics.
Sources for past question papers of LLB Entrance Exam
Law aspirants must practice the LL.B entrance exam question papers to analyze the questions and prepare well for the exams.
You can find various sources online to study from the past year question papers. Many websites have complied LL.B entrance test papers and their solutions in a precise format which can help aspirants study well for the examination.
Moreover, you can also study from LSAC LawPrepsm. LSAC LawPrepsm offers PrepTests that are based on 70 years of experience of assessing critical skills needed for a successful law career. Students can access these PrepTests from the Gold and Platinum Collection, take the PrepTests multiple times and get instant raw scores that can help them prepare for the entrance exam thoroughly.
Book recommendations for LLB Entrance exam
Candidates planning to appear for the LL.B examination must have started preparing for the same. Here is a list of some of the best books that can be used to study for the LL.B entrance exam-
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi
- Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal
For General Knowledge
- Objective General Knowledge by Sanjiv Kumar
- Objective General Knowledge and questions by Manohar Pandey
- General Knowledge Year Book by Arihant
For Reasoning and Aptitude
- Legal Awareness & Legal Reasoning for CLAT and other Law Entrance Exam by Wiley's ExamXpert
- Solved Papers for CLAT & LLB Legal Aptitude by YCT Exam Expert
For Analytical Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Agarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
A Summary of a Few Tips that help you Prepare for LLB entrance exam
Here are some tips that can help you prepare well for the Law LLB Exam-
- Know the syllabus thoroughly
- Make notes & summarize topics to make revision easier and faster
- Take practice tests as much as you can. LSAC LawPrepsm is a great resource for practicing online
- Stay updated on the current affairs
- Refer to previous years test papers to get an idea of the questions that appear frequently, the nature of the questions, etc.
Since you are familiar with all the tips and strategies for clearing law entrance exams, we wish you all the best for your exams. Happy Studying!